STUDENT SAFETY REMINDERS
- Arrive at the bus stop five minutes before your bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Stay back from the road at least 10 feet.
- Cross the street when the bus driver motions that it is safe to do so.
- All students must remain in their seats at all times while the bus is in motion.
- Do not open the emergency windows/doors without permission from the driver.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before loading & unloading.
- Load and unload the bus in a safe orderly manner.
BUS RULES & EXPECTATIONS
Students are expected to follow the Student Code of Conduct when riding the bus
FAST FIVE BUS RULES
1. No food or drinks
2. Keep hands/feet to yourself & inside of the bus (No Horseplay)
3. Voices at level 1 (Inside Voices)
4. Stay in your assigned seat, until the bus arrives at your stop
5. Do not use cell phones or electronic devices
Note: Expenses for damages or vandalism to buses or school property will be billed to the parent/guardian.
PROGRESSION FOR NOT FOLLOWING BUS RULES
Minor behavior issues
1st offense- Driver warning (possible seat re-assignment)
2nd offense- Driver contact parents
3rd offense -Driver will submit bus referral to principal
Major behavior issues- Driver will send a referral directly to the principal.
*The principal will determine consequences once the behavior referral is submitted.
Items allowed on the bus
- Items which a student can securely hold and contain in their lap without impeding onto another passenger’s space.
- Band instruments allowed: Violin, viola, piccolo, flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet (b-flat), alto clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet saxophone, trombone, bells.
· Allowed but must be set on the floor between the feet of the student: Bassoon, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, trombone.
Items not allowed on the bus
- No glass objects or helium balloons
- No balloons
- No food or drinks.
- No weapons or anything that could be construed as a weapon
- No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products
- No fireworks or any other explosive materials
- Anything that would likely block the bus aisles or exits
*Reference 702KAR5:080 for Additional Restrictions
Note: To ensure safety, items not listed are at the discretion of driver.